View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
w7wv

I agree with you about the contract companies running our US Forest Service camp grounds in that it's not a good idea.
We had our family up camping in the Payson area a few years back. The couple that was in the one camp ground had been there for 5 years with the company that had the contract. He was retired Forest Service and a really nice guy.
She was still working and only came up on weekends and she was something else.
Too make a long story short, she really got out of line with many people over the few days that we were there. And although the grounds were nearly full there were only a couple of bathrooms open, the same for the showers. The reason for this is that they did not have to clean what was not open of course.
I reported her to the local ranger district. They had no idea my wife was an admin officer for the US Forest Service at the time. They did nothing and this was not surprising. I followed up that report to the district offices and the woman and her husband were told to get out.
Believe me, we are both retire federal employees and if we had done anything close to what she did that weekend we would have been suspended or fired for those actions.
Any contractor to the government should follow the same rules of conduct.
w7wv is offline   Reply With Quote