View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #9
kd2iat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Wow! That's a lot of bulbs!

I replaced 20 921s in the cabin, 4 more in the storage bay and 3 1076s in the cabin. That's "only" 27. I guess you did the running lights, too? I'm not bothering with any outdoor lights just yet.

As to the above discussion, you have to think about each fixture/lamp as to what LED solution is best. Sometimes that means leaving well enough alone. I'm not spending nearly $60 to replace the fancy bulbs in the bathroom vanity. Those incandescents are here to stay, in my case anyway.

My whole journey down this path started because I wanted "pretty light" not because of any other advantages of LEDs. I like the vanity lights the way they are.
We dry camp quite a bit, at least 30 days a year, so the amperage savings is huge for us. NY State DEC parks only allow 5 hours of generator time per day so we have to be conservative with our charge time. Some days we're away during generator hours and there's no re-charge at all.

I just redid the clearance this year, but all the other inside, outside, and compartment lights were finished up two seasons past. I added auxiliary STT fixtures and backup fixtures last year.

If we camped with hookups more than not, I don't think I would have done the conversion so completely. But we've dry camped like this for over 20 years now so the savings did matter.

Motorola CDM1250 on 146.520
kd2iat is offline   Reply With Quote