View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

The land of "4" includes a lot of places where it gets downright COLD in the winter.. True story.. I winter in 4-land (Oconee county SC usually) a couple years ago I got up on Sunday morning, we packed up the Motor home and there was actuall snow on the road. Covering the outside 1/3 of the lane (The driver's side was clear and dry) Wife was worried about getting to church on time (3 miles, 1 hour we could have walked)

Drove (carefully) arrived well in advance.. Found Fr. was up in the mountains and snow up to his knees, called in and cancelled mass that AM giving everyone a pass on attending.. Thankfully one of the assistants (who grew up in Grand Heaven, MI. That's the lee side of Lake Michigan for most stormes, LAKE EFFECT SNOW). showed up and said Mass. 5 Choir members (Counting wife and I) sand Acapella.

So it really gets cold in the South.

Next winter Wife and I went down to GA (Southern at that) Darien about 39 miles from the FL line on the freeway.

Left on Jan 2, Temps in the 70's as I recall.. Pulled into Fair Play, SC and it was 25 out and our furnace.. Non-op. (Thank heaven for electric heaters).. WIfe was whining about how warm it was in GA... Yup, 27 that morning per my darling daughter who kept nice and warm with her newly minted husband beside her (Why we went to GA, the Wedding)

BTW. She has informed me that I'm going to be in GA come July this year.. Something about the birth of Grandchild #1
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote