Thread: Mobile Amp
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
w6pea

When I am using the tripod, I am using 8 radials. I ordered a set like comes with the tripod but at 25 ft. length. At home I use the radials that came with the tripod. Because I mount the antenna and tripod on my wooden balcony. I live in a condo and I have to deal with the HOA-Nazi's.

The best part was when they told me I had to take down my antenna, and their own lawyer told them that as long as I was a licensed Amateur and they allow satellite dishes to be mount on poles on the balcony's they would loose in court if I sued them for not letting me put up an antenna. So I have a antenna on a 12ft. pole and I also put up my tripod. Their lawyer also said I was with in their set height for satellite dishes, and as long as I didn't go any higher they couldn't do anything. But this guy is a real clown, he said that according to the FCC I could put up an antenna up to 200 ft. without a special permit. But he didn't read farther into the FCC Reg. book that says if we signed a cc&r we had to abide by the HOA Rules.
God bless cheap HOA'S and lawyer's that hire idiot para legals.

73' de w6pea
When all else fails...Amateur Radio
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote