View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
Dizzy-Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE5BI View Post
You'll probably want a built in generator in your coach so you won't need your power supply. 12VDC usually runs throughout the coach. I run the ham gear hard wired off my house batteries all the time. They are managed automatically when we are plugged in. When we are powerless we run the generator to do laundry anyway so the batteries get charged every few days.
Steven,

Yes, my motor-home has a generator which I have used a lot. I, also, connected #6 wiring from my house batteries to the driver's seat area for running radieos. (If I do it again, I will use smaller wire)

We seem to have a lot in commen, except for ages. I graduated highschool 3 years before you were born. I am also interested in ham radio, rving, tow a Jeep, into Astronomy, have a 16" dob and a couple small equatorial scopes, pick the guatar some. and would like to go full time but have not yet.

Got on question. You have California as your location and Oregon as your address for your ham liscens. Is your mail forwarding service located in Oregon? If you change your service, that means you must change your address with the Feds, right? And the location as California is where you are now?

I must assume then, that the FCC accepts mail forwarding service addresses as home base. Just wondering. That is one of the questions I was thinking about if I do go full time.

Thanks for you imput and love your web-sites.

73's
Dizzy-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote