View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #23
N4MU Papi

Default The Rest of the Story...

Don't think I ever ended up letting you all know what I finally did...
I bought a FT-450D and ended up with a Tarheel 300A with a Breedlove truck bed lip mount. I have it right behind the drivers side cab on the front bed side. The radio ended up in the bedroom on the bureau shelf. Although I don't use things mobile per se (it just sits there with the truck parked next to the fiver) I have to say I am more than pleased with performance. Got one of those MFJ programmable antenna tuners and it works very well also. Oh...I have succumbed to PSK31...Tigertronics SignaLink and Airline Express software...don't use it often (still getting used to macros etc) but have had several contacts at 30 watts. All in all very happy with equipment...now just waiting for the last day of W-O-R-K (I know you're not supposed to cuss online so that's why I spelled it)...Then going to Traveler's Rest Resort in Dade City, FL...sometime next spring. They have a killer ham club/station there too (K4TRR I believe). CU then...and thanks to all replies! 73 de N4MU
(Ignore the Sagan quote...I do now know where I'm going...just not soon enough LOL)

“I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way.” - Carl Sagan
N4MU Papi is offline   Reply With Quote