View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
K3NOQ/Mobile

Location: Full Time RV'er, anywhere USA, usually Canyon Lake Tx in winter, SoPark Co. CO. in summer
Default Update on my Screwdriver installation

I have recently relocated my Little Tarheel screwdriver installation on my 2k Winnebago 35U Adventurer. W7WV,Ken sent me install photos of his whip mounting using an AH-4 tuner. This triggered my gray matter upstairs and I disassembled my cabinet above the Drivers Door again. I found I had ample room to mount my Tarheel so that two mounting screws would hit the steel-cage frame of the coach, thus providing a great counterpoise. The interior of the cabinet allows plenty of room to conceal the coax, antenna motor control line, as well as the rf isolation choke. I also have room to add an additional counterpoise line for (possibly) better 80 meter operation. My SWR is flat now and radiation results so far have been favorable. My first qso (17mtrs) was VP6DX on the first call. I did see some TVI on the Sharp 32" HDTV I recently installed in the front, but its slight if any, on most bands. I actually expected it to be worse as TV is only about 3' from the screwdriver. Thanks to Ken for the FB Fotos of his install which inspired me to get out the drill. I can post some of my install if anyone is interested.

73' // John /5 Canyon Lake Texas, Lake Pointe RV Resort
K3NOQ/Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote