View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I sometimes am NCS on a net... And the thing that galls me is when we start our pre-net.. (This is really two nets one leading into another, the Pre-net is a chaos round table style (just jump in anywhere and ID every 10 minutes)

Then we have a formal "Wait your turn net" following

Well we start the informal Pre-Net and it's just a few of us in roundtable type and suddenly,as you put it, 1KC away we hear people calling and chatting.. And when one of use uses his "RIT" to listen on 'em they are saying "Those folks look like they are not going to move any time soon" (2 hours normally)

WE WERE THERE FIRST!!!!!!!!!

And though the net does not "own the frequency" courtesy suggests that when you know a scheduled net is about to start you avoid that. But there is no legal requirement to do so.

However once the net starts.. Then, THEN they do, in fact "Own that frequency" till the net ends.

IN your case.. I'd have delayed the start of net.. Or invited you to join in the informal part.. For a triple play QSO.. I would even delay the formal net if I were NCS

Simply, Amen!

I think there is more than enough rude behavior on the bands, I have even seen it in some of the boards I read, there is absolutely no reason for it. All it serves to do is turn off those that are interested in becoming hams.

What ever happened to the mentoring or elmering? The old timers should be helping the new guys, not chastising them. According to everything I have read on the subjects of nets is that it is common curtesy to move 3 Khz and let the net have the frequency that it normally operates on.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote