View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
Manual Garcia O'Kely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy-Dick View Post
Manual,

I have a question about Yosemiti and other parks without power. Are you allowed to run your generator at night? A lot of the parks I have been in have quite hours, no generators allowed to run all night.

My problem is that I am on oxygen at night and my oxygen generator runs on 120 volt AC only and pulls a lot of amps. One park offered to let me park close to one of their facilities that had power and run an extension cord to my rig.
Hm, I don't know what to tell you here - except to say that the ADA might allow you some exemptions, but your neighbors will hate you.

I suggest you e-mail or better yet, call them and ask them what they can do - I'm pretty sure that there are some spaces where you can run a long enough extension cord to a toilet, but many of them up on top of T.meadows simply have no power at all. I imagine that in Yosemite Valley, they probably have a few sites that have access.

I understand your problem, I have an Uncle who has only about 2/3'rds of one lung and lives on a concentrator as well.
Manual Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote