View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
electricflyer

If you go to the official fair web site they have a map of all the buildings, display areas and both car, RV parking and tent camping. I did not find any numbers on the official web site but I found them on a couple other information web sites. I think the insiders would like it to be that many but for that amount of acreage and with all the buildings and exhibit areas there is no way 6000 RV's will fit. The fair grounds is presently 185 acres. I noticed they say don't plan on leaving the grounds with an vehicles between 6 and 8pm because it won't happen. The town supposedly has 3700+ residents so 3 or 4 times that number would be at the fairgrounds in full swing. There are photos of the RV parking area and yes they are very close together. There are separate spots for RV's with slides marked off, they are parked end to end not side by side. I noticed it is a very old fair get together, over 140 years. Just as a side note I looked at the rules and regulations. I never thought about it but people that exhibit livestock must have a 1M insurance policy for you don't get in. It wouldn't be good to have a little tike run over by a 1400# bull or get chomped by a sow with an attitude. Lots of other rules and checks to prevent cheating. I just can't imagine the hours of work put in to organize such an event. I'm sure the planning starts the day after the old fair is over. It's a shame that they need to have such rules for livestock judging but like any competition there will be someone that will do anything to win a ribbon or trophy, makes no difference if it Nascar or tiddley winks, someone will cheat. I knew the guy that invented the sled used for tractor pulls and he got caught some time back trying to cheat. There are ways to rig the sled. He had a truck equipment business in Flint, MI.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote