View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Hey after a broswer reset (Cookie delete and catch clear) I finally remembered to check the "REMEMBER ME { } box

I have heard that sound before myself, only it was not an antenna hitting the power line, it was a falling tree limb on the power company right away.

The trimming crew arrived shortly after.. But it was IMPRESSIVE when it happened, I was only about 140 feet away. (If anyone wants I can do the Trig and figure out the exact distance) and that is, as they say, WAY TOO CLOSE
(Power line at back of lot, I was on sidewalk in front of house)

Friend of mine.. Freezing rain broke a limb on one of his trees and tore the DROP off his house. NO POWER.. he went out with a chain saw and started cutting up that tree for firewood to heat his house till power was restored......

Later that afternoon the power line snapped, fell across the drop to a neighbor's house, thousands of volts where 120/240 belonged, Fuse boxes (Genuine fuse boxes) blew up, Range elements shattered, Light fixtures which are no longer made shattered.. Much damage.

My friend had been cussing that tree all morning,, Suddenly he is thanking it and praising it's wisdom in falling across his drop and protecting his house.. NO damage.

Next day he got power back.. he was the only one on the street since the rest of them had to spend many dollars on electricians.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote