View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
PhulesAu

Ain't tellin'

the Antenna is at 22' running Magnetic north and south. on a combination of fiberglass poles. put up or take down in 10 minutes. If it were not for the network box and choke coil, you couldn't see it. if you ran it as a verticle, a small bush could hide everything but the wire. When I first tried to set it up, I ran the antenna to the mfj tuner then to the radio. I put couldn't tune it. simple stupidity kept me from ,1. putting the radio in AM mode and 2. holding the PTT button down. I thought you needed to transmit a tone for tuning. I even convinced several others that this was the case. In steps K5HLZ and sets me straight. Mind you this is NOT stated in the Instructions. I over thought the whole thing. Antenna to Z100 LDG AT to Radio and BINGO!!
It works just fine. The wire lenght is 26' and a 4x4x2 junction box with the matching coil inside. it's all nice and sealed up against the elelments. There's a eye-bolt on top for hanging the box, or you could screw it to a 4x4 post holding your purple martin house up. the oter end comes with a small isolator.