View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
electricflyer

Georgia Veterans State Park is not one of the discounted ones but Reed Bingham is and it's 65 miles south of Georgia Veterans Park. Just Google "Georgia State Parks Summer Camping promotion" and it will give you the list of 8 different parks with 50% off. The gnat problem is interesting. If you Google "Georgia Gnat Line" you can get all the info. Has to do with prehistoric ocean shore line. the type of soil and the aquifer, pretty interesting but they sure are a pest. We were at the old KOA at Unadilla last year and we couldn't go outside. What a place that is. They roll up the sidewalks pretty early and there were no restaurants in that town. We stopped at a minimart right by the interstate and a clerk told us to cover our mouth when we breathe or we will suck a bunch of them in and keep your car windows closed or you will have a bunch of unwanted visitors. I was telling my next door neighbor about the gnats. He comes from south Georgia. He laughed and said "oh, you were below the gnat line". That's when I looked it up on the web.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote