Thread: Ares/races
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #6
N7OQ

Tried it and got turned off by it. I participated in a disaster exercise ran a station setup at a hospital and no one there wanted us there, a nurse (male type) asked way us CB'ers always think they are needed Then I had to deal with the worst control operator ever, the whole experience was embarrassing. Have had to deal with Ham's who thing they are going to save the world and don't have a clue making the rest of the Hams look bad. There is constant battle between the Hams and Police, fire, Red cross and coordinators so I decided I don't want to be part of this.

I will just do my own thing and if there ever is a disaster that I can help with then I will do what I can to help. I'm sure it's not like this everywhere. When I was stationed in Charleston AFB SC the local group were so much more structured and practiced better radio operating skills then they do here, when I went to Springfield, Mass a few years ago I was blown away with how well they ran their local repeater net, nothing like the out of control nets we have here. Maybe when I move I will try it again.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote