View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
TXiceman

After operating the radio a bit, I ordered a Turbo Tuner to replace the Ameritron programmable turn counter.

I'll sell the Ameritron SDC 102 for a reasonable $$$. It has the connectors on it for a Tarheel antenna.

I will get a longer stinger to help the low band tuning. Not on 6m enough to worry with tuning there.

Last weekend, we pulled the 5er for the first time. Ran about 20 miles out the highway and back to get the trailer home and do a bit of maintenance getting ready fro a trip to West Texas in a month or so.

All I can say about the new truck is WOW, what a towing beast. It will have no problems with the trailer. I do need to get it to the scales for some weights.

I thought the old 7.3L towed good....but holy bat guano batman, with a stock 400 HP and 800 lb.-ft. of torque.....this thing will make going a pleasure ...as long as I can afford diesel.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote