View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
electricflyer

I've got a 2011 F-150 XLT crew cab PU, 5.0 engine and 6 speed transmission. Yesterday I had a transmission cooler added as it didn't have one. I've been pulling this trailer for 2 years now and will be making a trip back to western Iowa in mid-July (1,000+ miles each way) so I thought it would be wise to keep the tranny a little cooler. It wasn't really set up for towing but it has plenty of power, I'm only pulling around 5500#. I also had the transmission fluid changed since it just turned 100,000 miles and had never been changed. The mechanic that did the work said he checked the ID tag on the transmission to make sure he put the right fluid in it. He said the tag indicated the transmission was made by Mercedes, how about that. That is OK by me since I think Mercedes knows how to build automotive components. I guess it's possible. I know GM has been known to put Chev engines in Olds. I've see GM trucks with a GMC emblem on one side of the cab and Chevrolet on the other side, like that's a surprise. In the old days we used to call Pontiacs, Chev's with lock washers.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote