View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #10
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Country Boy View Post
We have received a lot of rain here Andy. About 8 inces last week, but nothing like Atlanta. The rising water here is only slightly related to local rains. Most of it is due to the rains in North and Central Georgia. The Chattahoochee River runs through Atlanta. In South Georgia it merges with the Flint River to form the Apalachicola River. The Apalachicola is about a mile from where I live and effects the Chipola River, another smaller tributary on which I reside. The Chipola originates about 70 miles north of my location from some large springs in the Marianna, FL area.

The below photo shows the Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers and how they merge to form the Apalachicola that runs on to the Gulf of Mexico. Here is a link to a Corp of Engineers site that indicates the river levels at various locations along the rivers. Many of these levels are at locks and dams on the river system. Click HERE. I check these levels almost daily.
Jim,

We must be close, The Flint River runs by my house the equalvalent of 2 or 3 blocks at its closest. Of course the Flint River I am talking about goes from here into Flint Michigan, so maybe not that close.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote