View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Dizzy-Dick

Default Nice Pics

Very nice pics. Loved that Cloud Canyon. Looks like a beautiful place. Does the State Park allow dogs? We travel with 4 small dogs.

Parts of Georgia have gold. Can you prospect in the Canyon?

I see that you also have HW-101 on your bench. One like it was my first radio. I sent for it and received it on a Thursday night and had it built and on the air the following Monday. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that weekend. Oh well, back in those days I was a lot younger and didn't need too much sleep.

My wife and I with our four dogs had a nice trip the end of last March. Left Cut & Shoot, TX and went north norht west to Abilene and then into New Mexico. Went thruogh Albuquerque and over to Gallup to visit with xyl's reletives. Then went over to Holbrook in Arizona. Took the scenic route south through Payson to Fountain Hills (Phoenix area). Dropped the toad and took a side trip to Tortilla Flats. A must see trip.

We then went NW through Wickenburg to the ghost town of Stanton and did a little gold prospecting. Didn't get much but had a great time.

Came home by way of El Paso, Fredericksburg and the Hill Country.

Had a great trip and hope you have many good trips in your new RV.
73's
Dizzy-Dick wb3dzy
Dizzy-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote