View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
One Country Boy

Default Kenwood TS-2000 Receiver bit the dust.

I've had my Kenwood TS-2000 about 2 years now. I like the radio and have never used most of it's capabilities. The S-meter, from day one I was concerned about. It just never indicated much deflection, even on the strongest signals. I don't think it ever reached a 20db over.

Several months back, when checking into my normal state nets, here in Florida, I began to notice I was not hearing stations that I had received in the past, but sort of blew it off. The problem slowly progressed over a period of weeks. A few weeks back, the receiver totally went out on all the HF bands. I ran some checks and it's not an antenna problem. I've disconnted it all now, I need to send it to the Kenwood Eastcoast Repair Center. I've been using my backup TS-450, so I've not been in a huge hurry.

Thought I would throw this out there and see if any of you guys have had or heard of similar problems. One thing I failed to do, although I guess it would take only a few minutes, was to check the 2nd HF antenna connector. It has hookup for antennas "A' and "B" on HF. I may do that before I send it off, just for my information.