View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
electricflyer

Did you go south down to Manchester and then west on Hwy 190 or did you climb the mountain going south out of Warm Springs?. I can imagine poor tv reception. Beside a little far from tv transmitters in Atlanta or Columbus even though it sits on top of Pine Mountain the camping area is a bowl. And, since it is the largest state park there is not a lot of population to justify cell towers. If you went to Chattahoochee Bend State Park it would be much the same out in the middle of nowhere. I had a taste of that in a state park on the Texas/Louisiana border, no OTA tv, no cell reception.

I thought it was a nice park also. Looking at their web site there seems to be quite a bit of activity on weekends. A farmers market near the swimming pool, musicians, hiking, something different every weekend. Since you mentioned making Peach Cobbler I see they are going to have a session on Dutch Oven cooking on the 25th but they charge $10 a person for it and you need reservations but it appears you will eat their food.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote