View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
N3LYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ham View Post
Yes as a matter of fact I do volunteer my time and my talents to help others.
I have several Baker Trail Ultra Marathon TEE Shirts here and I have driven as much as 120 miles one way just to administer VE test exams and I have done two VE test exams - in different locations on the same day..
For the most part, most of those people are not hams!
They learned that amateur radio works where their cell phones do not, so they obtained a license so they could use amateur radio for those types of events.

As far as the squawkie talkie people that I have worked with, some are really good hams, while others are more of the orange vest types that wants to be someone - Emcomms - but does not operate any other time, except the once a week net where they give their no traffic.

I didn't aim anything towards N3LYT - I just answered his question.
If for some reason I offended you, then I apologize..
But I don't have to give you my call sign.
If you operate HF - call CQ, even on 6 meters, you would know who I was, because I operate every day, - and not on nets!

I offered to meet you up on the HF, but none of you cowards took me up on it! You all just want to sit there behind your computer screens and hide.
I operate 100 watts or less, and some people says that I have a big signal, so I don't know what the problem is here.
Maybe I am rattling your cages too hard and you don't want to do anything anymore except hang out and talk about the good old days!
10-4
It would be nice to have a QSO however there are millions of possible call sign combinations so it might be hard to find you in the RF wilderness never mind the number of bands and frequencies. I think I’ll try my receiver on scan I’ll start at the bottom end of 160 and scan to the top of 10 and if I hear someone calling CQ I’ll stop and give out my call sign who knows it might just be you. Unless I am trying to land a rare station I never use more than a 100 watts and along with the rest of my gear the amp is solid state also so talking about the “good old days" maybe out of my realm. About the time I began to understand "valves" they came out with transistors and I never looked back only ahead. So maybe you won’t like the ideal of a “rice box” but that I’m afraid that’s all I have.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote