View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
electricflyer

The only suggestion I have is to do a google search "duro st tire reviews", duro makes all types of tires. There was one link from the IRV2 forum that was mixed reviews, the old argument "cheap china bombs". Some had good results and there were other comments that may have been from people that never used the tires but couldn't resist a bad mouth. Also saw this link for tire selection - http://www.ehow.com/how_2170291_choo...owable-rv.html
You have a 5r and I have noticed that most tire failures are on 5rs that were overloaded (although no one admits it) and driving too fast (again no one admits it). 5rs are naturally heavier to begin with and TT's don't seem to carry the weight that many 5rs carry even though both might have the same tire. TT's don't seem to have near as many failures although they also fail.

It is good idea that you decided to replace the 8 year old tires. I've been buying my tires from Kaufman Tire and they will not fix a flat on a tire over 7 years old. I was in the local store when a customer came in wanting a 7 year old tire fixed and that made him mad when the outright refused to fix it. When I got my TT the old man that did the PDI told me "you will never wear out the tread on a trailer tire".
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote