View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Radio
Administrator

Default Tassel Hassle

Now that I have real glass globes (shades, whatever...) on the fans light kit I wanted to get some chain fobs that weren't made out of lead or pewter or whatever.

The one that came with the kit proudly displayed the makers logo and was about 6 oz of solid metal. Like a small ball peen hammer swinging around up in there while you go down the road.

I wasn't gonna have that.

I went on the search for some string fan tassels. Went to every big box store around. They had footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, bullets and anything you could think of that could be fashioned out of glass, metal or plastic. NOTHING soft or fuzzy. Nadda, zippo. I guess there's not that many people who have a mobile ceiling fan application.

They used to have them everywhere. In all colors. They're on the ceiling fan in my daughters room. But alas, they went out of style. So did bell bottoms.

Then I went to Amazon, purveyors of darn near everything, and soon figured out tassel isn't spelled tassle, regardless of pronunciation. "Pull chain tassel" then yielded exactly one (1 each, one only) hit. In all of Amazon. One. Plain white.$8.50 for 2 tassels, "Hurry only 9 remaining!"

So I jumped on it. The entire internet only has one of these for sale.

They arrived Friday and I joyously ran to the trailer to hang them. They look great (like bell bottoms did) and they don't ding my light kit when mobile.

The old wooden hangy-down-pull-thingies (not a tassel) are being repurposed to the light fixture on the wall by the couch (which has a proper name that I can't recall.... I think it's a sconce?) and for a future project regarding the switch on my Vortex fan.

Owning an RV is a full time job.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote