View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #10
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

For the CB the Dual Trucker Mirror Mount is likely the best option on the Class C, that puts the antennas out beyond the "house" and gives you some gain to both the front and rear of the rig,, Right where you need it, very handy.

For ham radio, Well, on "The world above 50MHZ" as the ARRL calls it "Height is might" however 13.5' is a "limit" in fact one place I accidently found myself 12'6" was the limit... Thankfully that is the UNLOADED height of my class A.. Loaded.. I'm a few inches shorter

I use a Diamond dual band no ground plane antenna on my TM-733

I'm thinking of making a J-Pole for 70cm for the roof of the rig for the TS-2000... But have not yet done it (Going up on the roof,,, Not something I like to do) But it will have to be spring mounted

I'm not sure yet what I"ll do for 2mtr on the TS-2000 yet I may continue to use my flag pole (I don't use the TS-2000 in motiion cause it's next to the wrong chair.. The TM-733 is next to the driver's seat.. the TS-2000 is on the counter in front of a different seat... That way if I have to go where you have to go when you have to go during a QSO... I'm there already )
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote