View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Radio
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
Some "buddy", eh?
Nice guy, really. But it's a business. You sell what's in stock.

And he's sort of old school, treats all trucks as heavy commercial vehicles. The tire he recommended was a good tire, just too big and rides too rough. The same tire, he says, our church puts on all of our E-350 vans.

If I were running a construction company, I'd have bought that tire. But this is my daily driver/camper puller.

Plus he's honest about prices. Tire + mount & balance + tax. Period. At a local chain store, 4 Cooper tires were $775. but you will pay $1153 out the door with all the crap fees, warranties, etc.

I generally bring in the mini-van, the Ranger (I once had) or my daughters car and just say "Put tires on that..." and in 20 minutes I drive out happy. I don't even know /care what brand they are. Good tires at a good price. I guess he's just sort of stumped that this time I just know exactly what I want and will not be moved off of it.

I'll take the camper there this spring. And I'll just point at it and say "Put good trailer tires on that, and balance them" and he'll try to talk me out of balancing them cause he's old school and old school guys don't balance their trailer tires to save money.

I just know that's what he'll do.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote