View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Well, I wouldn't have returned it for the problems with the downloaded PDF manual. The printed manual that comes in the box is much better, though less complete.

I returned it because of the poor performance of the video camcorder function and the problems with the Windows software.

I was quite disappointed, and more than a little surprised. I have always really liked Magellan products, and I expect to buy Magellan in future.

I was impressed with Amazon's handling of the return. When I bought it, shipping was free, and Amazon also paid for the return shipping. They contacted UPS, and the UPS guy, when he picked it up, had with him a prepaid shipping label. So I won't end up losing a single red cent. All I had to do was put it back in the box I got it in, and tape it up. To me, Amazon seems a first-class outfit.

Actually I think Magellan is first-class too, but they really fell down on this particular product. They had never before, I think, designed a camcorder of any kind. The GPS function was all anyone could reasonably demand.

Of course, I think people who are paid to write English ought to be able to write English. Spelling is so easy! You learn a word once, and it stays the same as long as you live. Why would anyone who has more than twenty working neurons have any trouble spelling the words of his native language?