View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #14
One Country Boy

Thanks again John. Quickly going through the manual on the TS2000. That rig has a lot of "bells and whistles". Nice features !!! I'm sold on it. The least expensive I've found it is a little over $1,300. Not sure what the shipping was. I've got it bookmarked somewhere.

I've only run one amp in the past. A pair of 572B's in a Yeasu FL-2100F. Never used it a lot. I agree, they are bulky and heavy. I like to hang out on 75 and 40 meters, listening mostly. Never been much for chasing DX. If you're going to get on 75 in the evenings with a group, it's ashame but an amp is almost a necessity to hang in there with the "Big Boys".

I'm going to put the new radio and amp in the stickhouse. I've got a TS50 in the 5'er right now. It's been around awhile. I'm going to move the TS-450s out of the stickhouse to use in the 5'er. I would never attempt running an amp in the RV, for the reasons you mentioned and I can imagine the RF problems in a campground. I would be banned from the places we enjoy visiting.The TS-450 should workout nicely in the RV.