Thread: Psk31
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6ZKH View Post
Jim.... expect a 4-5 week wait for the Signalink USB interface. Mine should be here today. They cant seem to stay up with orders.
I ordered the SignaLink USB interface from HRO this morning with the Kenwood cable harness. I enjoy ordering from the Atlanta store because I get next day delivery. They have the SignaLink instock. Not in the Atlanta store however. They are shipping it from the New Hampshire store. The good thing is it won't take 4 or 5 weeks. Everyone I've spoken to said the same thing, "a several week delay."

In regards to WA8YXM's typing speed. 100 wpm is superfast. Like I said, I never took a typing course but I get along pretty good. I hardly look at the keyboard. I remember from my old RTTY and Packet days about the type ahead buffer. Remember what we used to refer to as the "brag tape" ? Listed out all your equipment in a text file, punched a macro and there it went. We called it a "tape" because that's what we loaded the software and pre-typed data from. A cassette tape back in the days when Texas Instruments first came out and the old Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I. It was awhile before I got my first disk drive for my second handed Model I. It was the thing back in those days.

Thank for all the help guys. It is appreciated and I'm sure I'll be calling on you again. I'm looking forward to getting on the air with it.