Thread: Psk31
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
One Country Boy

The only software I've used so far is DigiPan John. I've not got it all configured yet. I've got it receiving and transmitting, so I'm about ready to go. I'll get a little more familiar with the software and put it on the air. I may wish to switch to a different program so I can run other modes.

I was going to ask you guys running the TS2000's in digital modes how much or what percentage of power you run. I like my TS2000 and certainly don't want to heat up my finals or tax them in anyway. I thought 20 to 25 watts would probably be about the maximum power I would run.

I've got the interface tied to my Sony Vaio right now. I want to configure my old Dell laptop (runs Windows 98) for the digital modes. I'll dedicate it for that. It's not much good for other applications. That will leave the Sony free for my YL to use while we are RV'ing with wifi and things.

Added info:
I got on 40 meters with an old friend. He was my first CW contact as a novice, he's now my first digital contact. We ran PSK31 for awhile. I learned a few other things. I later was printing Russia on 40 and some other dx. Interesting mode.