View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6ZKH View Post
Well, believe it or not, I use to write for 73 Magazine and old Wayne Green. This was back in the 80's. Think I did a total of 7 articles in that decade for him. Most dealt with EmComm stuff. Major one was "Packet Digipeater in Ammo box", then there was the "VOX Controller" and I cant remember the rest. Oh some solar projects too. I use to have all the articles in a box, but over the years have lost them. Heck, ole Wayne use to pay me $125 per article.........I think he took the monie from under his "tinfoil" hat though, ha ha... He got real weird and quit HR but still played chasing aliens, like Art Bell...
I used to subscribe to 73 Magazine. I really enjoyed that publication. $125 probably was decent money in those days. I recall the "Packet and Ammo Box" article. I was heavy into packet at one time. I had a couple of "Rose Switches" and later went to a different switch. The other switch name escapes me. I used a vox type circuit, homebrewed to power a tape recorder once. I may have built it from your article. I don't recall where I found it. It activated a tape recorder when a particular frequency was active on a scanner. I guess you would actually have called it a COR. It worked and I knew what had gone on during the night while I was sleeping. That is to say if I had gotten to sleep that night and not been called out.

We should have known he had some experience writing Andy !