View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
One Country Boy

We will have to try that before long Radio. I got the antennas moved over yesterday. The Diamond V2000a (6 & 2 mtrs & 440 MHz) is on the top and 75 and 40 meter inverted V's below on an offset. The V2000a is about 15 ft higher than before. lt appears to have made a noticable difference on 2 meters. I'm in a rural area. I'm not real fond of repeater operations, although I use them regularly. The closest repeater is 30 miles away. I do enjoy working simplex on 2 meters and many of us in the area work simplex. I'll get an inexpensive rotor and good 2 meter beam up a little later under the omni. No plans for any hf beams. I don't have a lot of height but I don't want to get much higher. Lightning as you are aware is a huge threat here in Florida. Two stations have been totally wiped out near here in the passed couple of weeks. I still have to do some grounding. This time of year, everytime I leave, everything is unpluged. The top of the highest antenna is about 55 ft.

Have some things to load in the camper and we are headed up to Opp, AL for about 10 days. Just a short trip to get away. Will be intouch with photos I hope.