View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3NOQ/Mobile View Post
Keep in mind that your control circuits on all remaining RV systems work on 12VDC, the charger/converter is a very important consideration. John
Brilliant! I boosted my house batteries with my toad, and the water heater started working instantly. While taking a hot shower after 3 weeks of cold showers --I thought about it a little more, and it is quite likely that the sporadic furnace problem (blows but no heat) is a symptom of the same issue. I intend to replace the house batteries and the charger converter next payday. The charger I have now is a Charge Sentinel 15 amp supply which is no longer in production. I plan to replace it with an Iota DLS-15 15 AMP POWER SUPPLY/CHARGER. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I use a higher amperage supply?

Thanks for all of your helpful advice. I will post the results when the 12 volt systems are repaired.
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote