View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
w5olm

Hope that all you guys that had a bad 2007 will have a better 2008. My 2007 was actually better than 2006.
Entire year of 2006 was almost constant trips back and forth between Louisiana and Illinois. My mom was in Louisiana and my MIL was in Illinois, both in nursing home with last stages of Dementia. There was nobody left in the family to take care of either one, so it was up to us.
My mom passed away one year ago next week, so that took some of the pressure off. During 2007, DW retired from Louisiana State job as a supervisor in Child Protection, and I quit my job as Deputy Sheriff soon after she retired ( I had already retired in 2003 from my career job as Aviation Inspector for the Federal Government after 36 years service).
Soooo --- Now we are both foot loose and free. In Nov 2007 we bought our new motorhome and plan for a good year of travel in 2008. Of course we still have MIL in Illinois, but with MH and no job requirements, it will be not as much stress to go up there anytime we need to.
Lee
w5olm is offline   Reply With Quote