View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I think some of the old timers have forgotten what common courtesy really is. Last week during the School Club Round up, I heard a ham respond to a call from a school in Wagoner, OK. The fellow running the station was doing a great job and seemed to be enjoying it. The old timer...after I looked up his call, he was an extra, was telling the young man he was operating on a net frequency and had better plan to move off of it in about 10 minutes as they (sounded like he included) would blow him off the air with all or the 1K amps.

Seems he has forgotten the basic operating principle that no one owns a frequency. They could easily shift their net up of down a few KHz and let him keep his frequency. Or they could politely ask if he could move...not threaten him. Very rude person.

ken
This is a problem I have experienced myself, rude net operators telling me to go away because it was their new frequency or they just start the net right on top of you. There are to many nets to know who, when and where there will be a net. Then if you check into the net and are not one of the good old boys they will rush you along. OK got you have a nice day, next, but if it is one of the good old boys they can talk as long as they want.

I will take a impromptu round table over a net any day!
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote