View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #4
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6ZKH View Post
After watching that, I would doubt anyone would have a dry eye. That was incredible to say the least, and in somewhat gives me hope that TRUE AMERICANS will overcome the BS in Washington DC. These REDNECKS who lined the highways in the procession route are truely AMERICANS. We should force 535 Idiots + Obama to watch that video.
The video alone is very moving John. I'm glad "Radio" made that post. Unless we are affected directly we sometimes forget we have thousands of young people serving on foreign soil in the face of danger.

When I saw the video I had a flashback. Not long before retiring, I was unfortunately part of a funeral procession for a young law enforcement officer that was shot and killed in the line of duty. He left a wife and one young son behind. The procession was about 8 miles in length. It was a stormy, rainy afternoon with bolts of lightning. People faced the storm and came out, lining the 10 or 12 mile route, just as in the video in this thread. There really are a lot of good people in this country. Our mind is fogged with what we see in the media and possibly with the fact that most "good people" sit back and tolerate a lot before offering an opinion or taking a stand. Just my .