View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Ran into a movie crew.

Universal Studios is making a movie in Georgia, called "Jane Mansfields Car." Apparently some of the production involves High Falls State Park, the production crews were moving in their big trucks this morning as we were packing up the trailer to come home. They were setting up in the campground. Have no clue what they were up to. They looked pretty busy so I didn't bother them with silly questions.

And from what I have googled about the film, it has nothing at all to do with either Jane Mansfield or her car. Go figure.

They're going to be a miserable bunch of folks. Today High Falls SP had to be the most humid place on the planet that has paved roads and electricity. Some jungle somewhere may be more humid but I doubt it. And they will get a thunder shower about 4 - 6 pm everyday. Did I mention it was 96 degrees?

There were just about 6 rigs in the whole park and still not enough electricity to run the A/C without worrying about it.

Last 3 days weren't bad, rather nice really. But today was a steam bath. I think we made our exit right on time.

I just wouldn't want to be making a movie in this kind of hot-Georgia-summer-weather, that's all.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote