View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
KC1BUD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy N1ORK View Post
For my park model in Freedom, NH, I installed a black tank 'spinner' that hooks up to a waterhose. I turn on the water and it spins water around the tank helping to clean it. I do this a few times until the see through coupling runs clean. I shut off the water, drain the tanks then close both the grey and black tank valves. Then I pump RV anti-freeze through the system. The excess goes into the tanks. This procedure works well for me.
I haven't used it yet but my Damon Motor home has a flush kit installed from the factory.
However I did purchase a 4" section of clear black water pipe, like the one pictured below, available at most RV stores. I connect this in between the hose and the valve.

This way I can see when it runs as clear as fresh water.
Back to the OP's question; After a through rinse and flush, other than the antifreeze that gets past toilet's gate valve, I leave the tanks dry. Have never had a problem in all the 30 years of RVing.

The only problem(not really a problem) I have with this is my Daughter's two oldest sons, 8 & 10, they have seen the movie RV, and now when my daughter's family are at the horse shows with us the boys have to watch grandpa dump the RV tanks when we are leaving.

Dan
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote