View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
Mr. Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3LYT View Post
It's OK Carl I'm very thick skinned. I'm no contester but I'm on every night and often during the day anything from 6 meter AM to DX to 60 meters now that's a good band for Mr. Ham playing field is level every one is a 100 watts ERP! How about it Mr. Ham you do events with your ham radios bike races charity walks etc. for the public good? You support your local club go to meetings? Perhaps you go up the mountain after driving from another state in a snow cat to tinker the local clubs repeater in the dead of winter. Maybe you built the last repeater for the club from an old state police radio. Do you help the local guy that wants to get into ham radio show them the ropes help them pass their tests? Own any test gear? ECARS, WCARS join in any emergency nets? I am not alone there are tens of thousands of dedicated hams out there giving their time and energy for the ham community. I proudly display my call sign in the back window of my truck hoping someone might come along and ask me about ham radio. How about you?
Yes as a matter of fact I do volunteer my time and my talents to help others.
I have several Baker Trail Ultra Marathon TEE Shirts here and I have driven as much as 120 miles one way just to administer VE test exams and I have done two VE test exams - in different locations on the same day..
For the most part, most of those people are not hams!
They learned that amateur radio works where their cell phones do not, so they obtained a license so they could use amateur radio for those types of events.

As far as the squawkie talkie people that I have worked with, some are really good hams, while others are more of the orange vest types that wants to be someone - Emcomms - but does not operate any other time, except the once a week net where they give their no traffic.

I didn't aim anything towards N3LYT - I just answered his question.
If for some reason I offended you, then I apologize..
But I don't have to give you my call sign.
If you operate HF - call CQ, even on 6 meters, you would know who I was, because I operate every day, - and not on nets!

I offered to meet you up on the HF, but none of you cowards took me up on it! You all just want to sit there behind your computer screens and hide.
I operate 100 watts or less, and some people says that I have a big signal, so I don't know what the problem is here.
Maybe I am rattling your cages too hard and you don't want to do anything anymore except hang out and talk about the good old days!
10-4
Mr. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote