View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #26
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mp View Post
Let's talk diesel.... I bought a 2004 Duramax 4 years ago to pull my 5'er....fuel was just a little over 2.50/gal then.just put only 10.08 gallons in the truck last night and it was $50.00, (4.94 gal) that would take me about 100 miles towing can't even get across the state of Pa for less than $100.00 anymore...put almost 40K towing in the 5 years that I have my 5'er, but this year we will take a break and save up for next year...and like most said it will be shorter trips and longer stays...there are many Army Corp of Engineering campgrounds that are great and reasonable..lets enjoy the state and fed parks...you know that the private campgrounds will have to raise rates also...Everyone have a nice summer
Part of the reason that diesel is higher than gasoline is the taxes are higher on diesel. The federal tax on Diesel is 24 cents and the federal tax on gasoline is 18 cents. That doesn't even take into account what the states tax levels are. someone in Washington didn't feel that it was right that diesel owners paid less than those that bought gasoline.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote