View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #9
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Cool

terra and I have lived full time in our RV since November 2010. We stay at the Amarillo Ranch RV park off of I-40 in Amarillo TX, right next to Splash water park and down the street from the world famous Big Texan steak house. It is an older park, but well maintained. The perimeter of the park is long-term and the center is for overnight guests. We have a pool, sauna and hot tub. Water and internet are free but we pay electric and propane of course. The WiFi was terrible but we recommended a ham friend, KD5DYP, to rebuild the system so you know it was done right. The best part about the park is that there is lots of trees and grass, and 20' - 40' between rigs in the long term spaces. We found a spot under a large elm tree to block the sun from our west facing windshield. The back of the park is reserved for mobile homes with a few 5ers and my class A mixed in. I replanted my front lawn 2 weeks ago and you can see it is sprouting nicely! We love it here.
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote