View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Well, if you get a DP as one person I know did, you can get a nice portable Garage (Also known as an enclosed trailer) and tow it that way... One thing you absolutly need to know.

Lincolns, at least modern ones, have a fancy suspension, there is a special procedure needed for towing, EVEN IF IT IS TOWED ON A FULL TRAILER.. (I believe the procedure involves opening trunk, flipping a switch and re-closing trunk but do not quote me on that without reading your manual or chatting with the service manager at your favorite dealer).

I know this cause I worked with some tow drivers for a bit. Even drove a tow truck (Empty) once (Returned it to the yard cause driver was temp-disabled)
Hi John,

HMmmm... even more considerations, re: towing the Towncar.

I've got a dealer visit scheduled for the Towncar, end of May. I'll ask the maintenance manager there about that suspension switch. You are right about a switch being in the trunk. There is a big yellow "LOOK AT ME" handle on it. I seem to remember the AAA guy doing something with it when he changed a flat tire for me a few years ago.

Thank you both very much for your insight here.

Newbie guy is grateful .

Bill - W7JZE
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote