View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
One Country Boy

Question Kenwod TS-2000 Users ?

Anyone on ORR running the Kenwood TS-2000 ? I think someone mentioned having one awhile back. I've always been partial to Kenwood equipment and I'm getting ready to put together a new station in the stick house. When I do, I'll put my TS-450s in our 5'er.

The TS-2000 is a lot of radio. I don't have a need for the 1.2 gig band or 1.3, whichever it is, so I can rule out the TS-2000X. I think that is the only difference in the 2000 and 2000X models. To be honest I'm not overly joyed with having 2-meters and 440 in my HF rig. Six meters is nice and would like to have 6-meter ssb capability. But, I have a seperate Kenwood radio for the other bands.

Appearence ? I think it's a fugly radio. "It reminds me of an old Nash Rambler", a fellow ham told me. But I'm looking for performance and I like Kenwood.

The TS-2000 has a built in keyer and TNC for packet. I like those features. Also some other frills I may never use. Anyone out there running one, if so, how do you like it ? What mic are you running with it ?

Thank you.