View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #11
electricflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
Incidentally, Marv, it's worth mentioning that your original post is among the best-written reviews I have read, ever.
Thanks Carl, I try to get as much information as I can to cover the good and the bad about camp sites so there are no surprises when people get there. Of course the information is only what I'm interested in myself, others may have other interests. I don't want to be crowded together and am not a hiker as DW has a back problem and can't walk very well so I just look for a good place to sit back and relax and open my eyes for another day.

I like the COE campgrounds, maybe not the luxury of a resort but the price is right and good surroundings. Gunter Hill west of Montgomery. AL near Maxwell AFB has a new loop that was added a couple years back and has full hookups at at senior rate of $13/night. (America the Beautiful Pass) Service Park off of US Hwy 84 in SW Alabama on the Tombigbee River where you an watch barge traffic, fish if you want and another great place to take it easy, kept very clean by the hosts, $12/night. Nice pull through sites right on the river bank. Make sure you have groceries with you because the town of Coffeeville 3 miles away has little to offer.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote