Thread: Bibb
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
electricflyer

True, Cincinnati style chili is not what most people are accustomed to. For those that don't know, it is a spicy thin sauce over spaghetti and then totally covered with finely shredded cheese (3 way). Kind of like the Waffle House, smothered and covered. You can add to the chili with beans, onion (4 and 5 way). For a side dish get a couple chili pups, being a small hot dog on a fresh bun and also with chili sauce and a mound of shredded cheese. Carl, since you did some work for P&G did you ever have a meal at the "Montgomery Inn"? Great BBQ ribs. I lived in Englewood, OH (North Dayton) (1/2 mile from Hara Arena) for 18 years and went to Cincinnati quite often on business (and pleasure). Two odors I always remembered about Cincinnati, the smell of P&G making the soap products and further up I-75 the smell of Jim Beam blending the whisky. They didn't distil there just did the blending.

A little factoid, the Cincinnati Visitors Bureau says more than 2,000,000 lbs of chili is consumed in Cincinnati each year.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote