Thread: Stupid Drivers
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

#11 People who arrive at an intersection to turn left and (properly) wait at the stop line until the light turns green, then (stupidly) stay at the stop line after it's green (instead of entering the intersection), until the opposite-direction traffic has all cleared. That's dumb. When the light is green but there is opposing traffic, they should enter the intersection, going dead straight, and wait in the middle of the intersection until opposing traffic clears. That way, every other driver, in all four directions, can see them and know their intention; and the actual turn will take about 1/3 as much time, so they won't need nearly as long a break in opposing traffic. They're not in anyone's way, they're not going to surprise anyone, and they can complete their turn after the opposing traffic clears or the light turns red, whichever occurs first; and they can complete that turn while the traffic from the left and right is getting in motion after their light turns green. Much safer and much more efficient.