View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
phredsee

Also went mid January for the first time and had a great time.

(2) other ham friends invited us (Dick M. & SCVJeff WA6EQU) and formed a U-shaped parking area with the MH's. After we spent (4) days, we left and I believe (2) more friends took our place and they continued to have fun I heard.

In the center we cooked and had (3) different fires going at the same time, propane bottle, open wood pit and some type of circular chimney looking thing that actually put out a lot of heat. Believe me we needed heat!

During the day activities included installing an additional solar panel, roof top on WA6EQU MH and other maintenance activities.

GEO Caching seems to be real popular, as these guys were off into the desert digging and burying something for others to find.

MGO is right, middle of the desert (btw, we were approx. a mile east of 95 along Plomosa Rd., south from there along a natural wash) with others parked all over.

Very good crowd, telescopes, some strange looking RV's, MH clubs and of course off road vehicles.

Other days spent in "town" wherever that actually is under the big tent and some smaller tents with endless stuff to ponder whether you needed it or not.

Self containment is the key, again as MGO has stated, but there's always the place down on US95, I believe called the "Pit Stop" (and if not I apologize but it would be a good name) where the RV's pull in from either direction and the guys working there dump your tanks, fill the water, top off propane, throw some money at them and you're back in action for another few days.

Sorry for the long post, but this was a lot of fun and plan on returning.
09 Honda CR-V
phredsee is offline   Reply With Quote