View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #135
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy N1ORK View Post
SOS here Jim (Same old stuff). Been going back and forth to the camp in NH. Made a few contacts from there, like Russia on 40m, which was pretty cool! And a few 6m contacts in the vhf contest last w/e. Getting planning ready for Field Day with the local club here W1BRS. I'll be working 10m SSB, so hope to catch some of the ORR members on the air.

WX up in NH and here has been cooler than usual. In the high 60s and low 70s and usually cloudy with an occasional shower. Same thing predicted this coming w/e when we bring up the Grandkids. Oh well, it's only water.

73 for now
Andy - n1ork
Well I said the heat index was suppose to be 111 here today, it was 120 degrees yesterday I learned. That 111 is for the coast, it's much warmer/hotter 25 miles inland, as we are.

Sounds like some comfortable wx up there Andy. I'm ready to head for the hills of North Georgia and North Carolina. I remember now why we like it so much up there this time of year.

I've not worked a Field Day in awhile. That was always fun. I've been hearing Russia on 40 meters here also Andy. Down in the CW/digital portions of the band. You probably worked them in the Extra Class section, correct ?

Better get busy. Have to go get some diesel and hook up the RV for our Chipley trip this morning.

~ 73 ~

CQ CQ CQ ORR Forum Members de W4EWA