View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Country Boy View Post
Congratulations Dan ! Listen out also in the mornings @ 0800 CDT on 3950. They call the roll in alpha order (suffix). At the end of the net, they call for out-of-state. It's possible you could still get in that time of the day. I hear stations in Texas and Oklahoma about that time.

Dan, how long is your diapole antenna ? Can you put an antenna up outside or, are you in a restricted area ? I've got a friend near here that used to be in the Country Cousins, he's not very active anymore. The Cousins are a fun group to listen in on. Respectable group.

My son was out putting on a presentation to one of the volenteer fire departments tonight. Attempting to promote amateur radio. He's put on about 5 or 6 now and has a tech class set up and VE's coming later for testing. We need more amateurs in our area.

Hope to hear you on soon Dan.
Jim,

I think I have said it before I have 2 brothers Jim, and 2 sisters Connie. (real and Step) In fact one of my brother's Jim was married to a sister Connie.

The dipole I am using now Is someone's homebrew that he intended for shortwave listening it will handle the 100 watt max that my radio can put out. I live out in the boonies on 10 acres no homeowners association, however the township was looking at some restrictions to commercial antennas that might have curbed my ability to put up any size tower I wanted to but it got tabled indefinitely.

I have a G5RV to put up outside, but I still need a couple of sections of tower to get to 40 feet. Trying to save as much money I can and get it up right. My sister gave me a TV tower now I need a base and one more section.
Hopefully by this time next year.

how old is your son? Wish I could either of my son's interested.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote