View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

In this regard.. Weather radios are like GPS units.. How many times have you heard of some idiot who turns his navigation over 100% to his GPS, never uses a paper map and when the thing says "Turn right" he does so "in 800 feet" 800 feet early (In the TV ad he crashes into a florist shop as I recall).

When the weather radio goes off... I listen to the report.. I use it as a GUIDLINE.. I do not always take cover because the report is for the county and I'm in the S.W. corner of the county.. Go shouth more than 4 miles you are going to flood your carb, also the engine compartment passenger compartment and trunk (you'll be in the ocean, or rather a bay or cove).. Go west about 1 mile and it's a new county.

So if the storm is hitting say Hinesville moving S.E.. I do not care Jessup (Different county Headed S.E I do care.

But you do not let the radio rule, you use it as a data source and if you plot the path and you are in the middle of it (or just off to one side or the other.. THEN you take cover. Cause there is a good chance where you are will cease to exist like that Plant in Ohio did.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote