Thread: New 5'er
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
W6ZKH
ex-K6YDW

Default New 5'er

Connie and I finally got tired of "crawling" into bed, so we traded the 27 ft 5'er for a new 2011 Forest River 34 footer that has 3 slides instead of just one. We've already made a trip to the coast for a shakedown run, and end of this month headed back over along the coast from Pismo Beach down to Santa Barbara, as that week is our 46th anniversary week......geez, how have I had to put up with that old broad, hi... In June, we are going to San Diego for afew days with our kids, in their 5'er, then from there we'll head back north up to WA state to visit oldest son and youngest grandson. From there we will head east over into the Dakota's then back south again, hoping to be in near Colorado Springs for the hamfest there on July 16th. Planning on being there about 5 days to tour many things to see, then head south again, down to Taos, Santa Fe and Alburquque, NM. From there west to Las Vegas and then head back here to Mexifornia for a total of around 6000 miles and 5-6 weeks.

I took the Yaesu FT-857D HF rig out of the truck, as have been playing PedMobile with it. Mounted it on a pack frame, attached a MFJ Screwdriver antenna w10' whip and acouple of SLA batteries and been having fun out on the walking trails here talking on 20-17 meters. Also have a QRP PedMobile setup using the TenTec R4020 4 watt QRP rig and the antenna is a Hamstick for that setup. See my QRZ.com page for photo's of those setups..

So, that is the latest here.....hope everyone is doing well.
2002 Dodge 3500 Diesel-Dually
2011 Forest River Wildcat 313 5th wheel
Icom IC-2800 Dual-bander in truck
Yaesu FT-1900R 2M Xcvr in RV
W6ZKH is offline   Reply With Quote